Charreta with Oriol Villar
Oriol Villar has been the creator of great advertising campaigns and slogans that have marked the culture of our country. As for example, the famous "Mediterranean" of Estrella Damm. After working for big brands like Nike, La Once, Coca-Cola, etc. He decided to create his own advertising agency: Oriol Villar.
And today we have it here for and for us:
Hello, I am the grandmother Remedios, the new community manager of Albiñana. A grandmother married to the kitchen and the macramé, but a lover of social networks. Nice to meet you, get to work!
THE DEVIL KNOWS MORE BY OLD THAN BY DEVIL
- A comedy sells very well. And if it's romantic better. But what do you think sells more, humor or grief?
Grief certainly does not sell, nor do I believe that it sells humor for humor. What it can do sell is the emotion that both are capable of generating. But it happens as with the magicians, you must execute the trick very quickly, if you see the trick, you fail.
- What do you think is the key to creating a story that connects with people?
It depends on each person, but I think that after seeing it the viewer should be able to say one of these two statements. It's true, or how I wish it were true.
- Increasingly, the idea that brands sell a philosophy of life instead of a product or service is being stretched. Why do you think this trend exists?
- “I decide when, where and with whom…” the song of Lo Mío or Lo Malo says it well. Now the consumer decides when, where and how he wants to consume the contents. In my time it was not so with the broadcast of advertising (and almost everything) on television. We didn't have as many alternatives as now. Do you think that to get the consumer "to stay until the end", advertising campaigns are more worked now?
- What advice would you give to a professional in the sector who goes through difficult times (lack of inspiration, creative blockage, demotivation ...) and feels that it is not valid for this.
What Julián Zuazo told me when I started. "This profession is a punch and a kiss, a punch and a kiss, a" ... It's like that. There's no more. If you feel that you haven't received a kiss in a while, start thinking about it. And that's it But above all, don't keep it. Talk to coworkers that there are very good and generous ones, to give you their point of view, listen to them. The people around us are one of the best things this profession has.
- In communication "the important thing is not to innovate, the important thing is to keep what has not changed." What is still as before because it works? What has not changed?
It was not exactly that way, because I do believe that innovation is fundamental. Of course as an attitude, not as a category of a festival. That is a thought that I stole from Sebastian Wilhelm, and that I found very interesting. In a moment of revolution like the one we have been living for several years, many tend to try to find out what the publicity of the future will be like, instead of looking back and learning what are the springs of the past that are well acted, are still working. There is a lot of noise and a lot of guru defending his own territory, and it is normal that sometimes we think that this is no longer what it was, but it is not true. In essence, it is the same: connect with people to transform their thinking about a product.
- Some time ago I read in an interview that you were against any type of censorship in advertising. How to know where is the line of ethical and unethical ?.
Only oneself can mark that line. Choosing who works for and who doesn't.
8. Many times the creator of a work soaks his personal experiences and in the end, it ends up being a reflection of the author. Do you think the same happens in the world of advertising?
- Do you think there is life after death?
I don't know, and the truth is that I don't care. What does matter to me is that there is life before death, as Punset said.
- If you had to live forever on a desert island, what 3 things would you take? Why? I to my Tristan; It is my dog, a good pout and my influense mobile.
If they weren't things, it would take me to Laura, Lu and Greta. And if they have to be things, a picture of each of them.
- What do you think that I, a grandmother, is the new community manager of Albiñana?
It seems logical and sensible. Experience is underestimated too often in our trade.
- What is your favorite word?
Mare (mom in Catalan).
- In an interview you said that you prefer a thousand times more quality than quantity. What do you prefer, 100 years of mediocre life or 24 hours of dreams?
- Now, a quick game that my granddaughter taught me to get to know us better: What do you prefer? I will propose two options and you will have to choose one:
- Work early in the day / Work late in the day.
- Inspire / Inspire you .
- Paper / Digital
- Teamwork / Individual work.
- In social networks you are ... Sporadic / Very Active.
- We ask this last question to all our guests, without exception. Although more than a question is a kind of "challenge"; as young people would say today. We ask all our guests to propose a question or challenge for the next visit to "Producing conversations" even if they don't know who it is. In your case; Our previous interviewee would like to know:
“ The potato omelette: with onion or without onion? "
With onion, always.
- Now it's your turn! Ask a question or challenge for the next guest. Even if you don't know who it is:
What is the project outside the publicity of which you feel most satisfied?
Thank you very much for sharing this time with us Oriol!
I already say goodbye to my family, but first I would like to say 3 things that I have learned thanks to this interview.
Number one: convey truth; To be true is the best way to connect with people. Number two: in the end, let's do what we do in communication, the goal is and has always been the same: "connect with people to transform their thinking about a product." And number three: don't abuse croquettes.
Until next time! (God willing).